Thursday, August 07, 2008

Old techniques revisited



Well I have been playing with another old technique. It is supposed to use Marvy Metallic Markers to create a background but as I have never owned any I figured I could use something I did have to get the same look. So I got out my Adirondak Metallic Mixatives, dotted them over some black gloss card, spritzed with alcohol (I guess I can fess up to spritzing with water first and wondering why the inks did not run together...der! ) With a toothpick I sprinkled on some Pearl-X then rubbed another sheet of black gloss card over the top to squish the inks and pigment powder together. Voila ! Hard to see in the scan but as you move the card you get lots of interesting colour highlights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like you blog, congratulations.

I like to travel a lto and if do you like travel you will love this blog:

http://goplanettravel.blogspot.com

I found surferd in google and it have good advices, pictures from a lot of places around the world...

It's really good