Sunday, April 07, 2013

Square baby rug

I acquired this yarn cheaply and thought 4 x 100gm balls would make a reasonable baby blanket. So I started with 3 stitches and kept increasing every second row until I had used 2 of the 4 balls then decreased every second row to complete the square. Shame that I got to within about 4 " from the corner to complete the blanket only to run out of wool!! Woe is me I rang around numerous Lincraft (where I had purchased the original balls) stores to try and find another ball. No luck so I rang my go to place for all other yarns and help Wondoflex in Malvern and yes they did have some but it is now called something else. Hey who cares what it is called. I hot footed it down there to checkout the colour match though I really was not fussed at this stage. I challenge anyone to see where the new yarn starts and the old stops. Being a variegated yarn made blending easy.

This picture shows the pattern but the colour is more realistic in the second photo.

No comments: