Friday, March 04, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch challenge for March

I came across CAS(E) this Sketch! blog while browsing Joyce Casaldi's blog.
Looking at this week's sketch inspired me to complete a card I had half started but wasn't sure how to complete.
 I love making my own backgrounds and had been experimenting with some old stuff I found in my stash-Luna Lights Paints. I was running out of the special Luna Lights paper so thought I would try some glossy photo paper. I have since discovered that Reynold's freezer paper is the perfect thing to replace Luna Light's paper. {I knew there was a reason I had a big roll of it...LOL} The paint did not spread very well and was a bit blotchy so I sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in a nice avocado green. Next step was to cut it using the dies from Spellbinder's Celebrations set 'Just Because'. The second layer of the flower I stamped on a scrap of solid colour paper. The centres are from the same piece as the first layer. The background peachy card was cut using MFT Blueprint #19 set as was 'Hoi', a stamp from 'Art Specially's' 2013 plate. To finish the card I found some leaf ribbon which suited perfectly.

No comments: