Friday, March 11, 2016

Morgan's ArtWorld Challenge

I had some nice words left by Arlene, thank you, on my entry in Die Cut Diva's "Thinking Spring" Challenge and when I followed her bio I ended up at Morgan's ArtWorld and found this fortnight's challenge of "Include a Sentiment".  I had literally just finished making this card when I read her email and found this site and thought well why on earth not join in!
It is quite a simple card but required acquiring some new skills. I used my MISTI to add the lacy stamped border down the right hand side of the card. It took me a bit of thinking to get my head around moving the stamp rather than the paper to achieve what I wanted ( one really should move the paper!) and the alignment was not perfect but I will try again and get it right next time. Strategic placing of the sentiment covers my faux par...LOL All the images are from an Art Journey set called 'Friends'. the lace border and words were stamped in Impress dye ink  'Ultramarine'. I did not have the right colour EP I wanted to stamp the main image so mixed together some purple and blue from my stash.  The contrast strip down the centre is done with Brushos and as this is a piece from my stash I am not sure what colours I used. It is all placed on a cream card.


1 comment:

Arlene said...

A lovely vintage card.

So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.