Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Fiona turns 30

My niece Fiona is turning 30 next month and as she is currently living in Oxford, UK I needed to get a card made and in the post now!


The image of the dress (Impression Obsession) I stamped in Distress ink 'Vintage photo' before using a brush to wet inside the lines and adding spots of  of Distress inks in 'Picked Raspberry', 'Worn Lipstick' and 'Dried Marigold' which spread out giving a hazy effect. I masked the image and spattered some of the same coloured inks. I reverse masked the dress and added a little flourish in black.
The backing layer was created by sponging Distress inks (as above plus 'Mustard Seed' and 'Twisted Citron') on and wetting to blend, then stamping a speckled background (Timeless Images) and embossing with clear EP before wetting and wiping off some of the ink to enhance the speckles. This is a technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire.
The 'Congrats' is a Lawn Fawn die cut and the 30 from the Cuttlebug 'Harmony' Alphabet die set. 
I drew over the congrats and 30 with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen and added a couple of sequins. All is layered onto some mottled pink card stock.

No comments: