Monday, February 22, 2016

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge #239

This morning I thought I would check out the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge thinking there would be a new one but silly me forgot about the time differences between the USA and here in Australia. No worries I have over 9 hours to make a card for last weeks challenge then I get to make another one tomorrow:) In the meantime while making a batch of Peach/lemon jam I realised I only had about 6 hours left...eeek time to get a move on. Customizing a piece of paper no problem. I had something in mind for friend's for their 40th wedding anniversary.
The background gold paper is a piece I have had in my stash since 1999! I bought it a major craft fair from Peggy Skycraft. I have been saving it for a very special occasion which I have finally found. I over stamped it using Stazon "Blazing Red" ink with stamps from the Basic Grey/Two Scoops "Heart Smudge" set. The words are from  Papertrey Ink's Wonderful Words Die and matching stamp sets. For the lattice work I used SSS Coverplate: Quatrefoil . The heart is from Sizzix Primitive Hearts#3. The rectangle from MFT Die-namics Blueprint#19. These were all cut out in red suede paper (another item from my stash). the numbers are Memory Box Classic Numbers set.
Embossing on suede paper was a bit of a challenge to get the right look I used my regular PSX gold powder as the ultra fine just seemed to blend in to the red. Then it took me a while to work out what colour card stock to mount it on but cream seemed just right in the end.
OK time to post this before the clock beats me.


1 comment:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous card, and thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )