Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Inspired by a Song.

I  made some backgrounds after watching Jennifer McGuire's video of "Watercolour Lifting: a variation using Heat embossing". Then I looked at SSS Blog's Monday Challenge  and I was inspired by my background to think of the song "Raindrops keep falling on my head" from the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".  Robert Redford and Paul Newman....sigh!
The background is smooth 300gsm watercolour card on which I scribbled a'la Jennifer with my Tombow markers, clear embossed an image from Designs by Ryn of water drops adding some white Gel pen for highlights. I wanted to frame the background and add the bike and words but as it evolved - a shaker card became the obvious way to go. I started with a white embossed bike ( Hot off the Press Inc ) then did the background to the words in silver using a Posh Impressions stamp "Drip drops" (defunct company). I was not sure it was balanced so stamped the bike again in silver EP this time and stuck it down...nah it did not pass the "husband test" (Mike likes contrast). The silver matched with the other pieces of the card but was not quite right so I stuck the white bike over the top of the silver...Voila...now it passes the Mike test :)
Tiny stickers for the words, black glitter paper and steel grey metallic card stock finished it off.

After checking out SSS's Wednesday Challenge: 'Shake it up' I have added this card there too.

4 comments:

Aileen said...

Very nice card, love your layout. all works together perfectly.

Gayatri said...

LOVE the background on the shaker element. Gorgeous card. Love it! Glad you played along Simon Says Stamp Shake it Up! Challenge :)
Gayatri xx

Kath Stewart said...

great take on one of my favourite songs...love your background and that cute bicycle...thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Unknown said...

Hi Barb!! what a fun project! Love the background!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange!
Hugs Zoey