Thursday, February 11, 2016

Welcome New Neighbours/ MFT Sketch Challenge 267

I looked at  MFT's Wednesdays Sketch Challenge 267 before going to bed last night and I could not sleep until I drew a quick plan for this card which I thought would be just right to give our new neighbours when they move in.  One track mind... who me... never...LOL



The background is done with Brushos, this time mixed with water on a craft mat and the card smooshed around to pick up the colour. I used a piece of Canson Cold Pressed 300g/140lb Watercolour paper which I embossed with a Craft Concepts Embossing folder...Dandelion Whisper.The house "tag" I made by cutting the top off a rectangle of paper with the fishtail banner die in MFT Blueprints #24, the circle is also from this die set. The house tag was embossed using a folder from Sizzix 656644 Texture Fades Embossing Folders Tim Holtz 2PK - Bricked & Woodgrain Set.  Then I sponged it with Ranger Archival Sepia dye ink. The "welcome" is from SSS "Handwritten Borders" set. I just masked off the word "baby" to leave the part I wanted. This was stamped on to a piece of paper cut with a die from MFT Blueprint #2 then sponged around the edge with Sepia dye ink too. I attached this strip with foam tape to make it stand out a bit. The numbers were cut with Memory Box die set "Classic Numbers" #98362. To finish it off I added a sunflower eyelet to the tag.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool! Great take on the sketch!