Monday, October 20, 2008

Melbourne Paperific Report

Well Paperific is over for another year...sad to say.
I have had a fabulous time catching up with friends and shopping :)
Friday was spent at Paperific. I went with a list and before I had found anything on the list I had spent most of my alloted stash! Oh woe is me...a trip to the ATM at the service station over the road from the venue solved this problem. Happy to say I did get all the things on my shopping list...as well as a heap if other stuff....ROFL On my regular sit downs to rest my knee I was able to chat to friends who I had not seen since last year. It was nice to see Pauline well enough to get out and about. If you check out her blog you can see a pic of Marion and I!! Lovely to have a long chat to Lorraine and Joan too:) Friday night was dinner out with Marion (Melbourne), Maureen (Newcastle), Alice (Perth), Yvonne and Leisa (Tasmania)...we missed our mate Kerri who was not well enough to come but will be back with a vengence next year (won't you Kerri!!).
Saturday, up early to do our weekly shop at Victoria Market then home to relax before having a little dinner party for Marion, Maureen and Alice who had been out and about shopping down on the Mornington Peninsula.
Sunday up early to put a bit of water on my front garden as I have just replaced some azaleas that had succumbed to the drought. Then off to Victoria Market again so Alice could do some retail therapy. She had big plans to go to DFO and up the Eureka Tower as well before we met Marion and Maureen for Yum Cha at 1.30pm! Well Marion called at 1.15pm wondering where we were...just leaving the market, honest...LOL Alice could have spent the rest of the day shopping...but we shall save that for next year. A quick drive to the other end of town , found a car park and we were only 15 mins late...LOL
We shared a yummy meal and saw what Marion and Maureen had purchased on the shopping expedition in the city. Both girls had purchased a couple of pairs of shoes, one pair they both bought were gorgeous leather flatties with butterflies on the front..."bitch" is the only word to describe them...I had desperately wanted a pair of these shoes but they did not fit me...boo hoo.
Time for sad farewells as we transferred luggage and bags of goodies into my car and I drove Maureen and Alice out to the airport as Marion headed home...she had to get back to Mt Martha a good hours drive away.
A great job by Stacey with Paperific again this year...the venue was spacious though lacking in food outlet options and seating areas outside.
Now to play with all my new goodies.

No comments: