Sunday, February 03, 2013

Home made Stencil

I have had fun with my Cricut today after my darling husband manged to get my computer to talk to my Cricut. Seems they had had a falling out and it required updating of my Sure Cuts a Lot software. Anyway they are the best of buddies again and I can now make stencils etc to my hearts content.
We have a couple of male friends who fly planes and as both their birthdays fall this month and I am trying to get my cards for the month completed I thought I would make a stencil of planes to use on their cards.This is how the stencil looks
Then I used it over a presprayed background.
Next I made a card.

I am pleased with the outcome and have learnt a bit about what happens when you spray on a gloss card stencil, from a distance to get an even spray works best and don't dab off too much better to let it dry or use your heat gun...sponging with Distress inks worked well, Distress Stains are a bit too wet.

No comments: