Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Saturday and Sunday

After a great night at Bistro C on friday we slept in saturday then wandered down to Noosa Woods to hear more music on the Tingirana Stage. School bands mixed with professionals, including Charlie Horse Funk Band. A wander back through town had us stopping to listen to Jan Preston on the honky tonk piano. Home to freshen up then back in to Lindoni's for dinner and more jazz. Great dinner, music act rather late turning up. Slow paced jazz for a change from Willy Qua and Wil Sargassion. On our way back to the car we stopped to listen to Jeff Duff livening up the town as only he can.
Another sleep in sunday morning then a walk down to the local fresh food market. Ah what delights to behold shame we can't take anything home with us so we just bought some fresh strawberries and tomatoes to go with our bread and cheese for lunch. A relaxing afternoon reading and puddling on the internet oh and a few more games of Yahtzee before we headed off to Bicentenial Hall for the big last night Jazz Party, 6 hours of solid music from a stunning line up of musicians young and old. Boy can they rock that place!
Another late night but well worth it.
Monday time to pack and meander down to Maroochydore to return the car. First we stopped in town to pick up our annual holiday Tattslotto winnings...a whole $17.50 this year! One day we will hit the jackpot.
Our plane was delayed by about 10 mins no big dramas we were back in Melbourne around 3.15pm. Collected our baggage and rang "Busy Beaver" to pick us up so we could collect our car from them. Did I mention we had had a very early start to our holiday with a 3am rising to get out to Tullamarine and drop off the car before being taken to the airport to catch a 6.15 am plane!
Great service and very economical.
After a slight detour through the back streets missing most of the peak hour traffic we made it home to Gardenvale. Unpack..."what's for tea? Take away of course , no one wanted to cook on this last day of our holiday...hehe
Can't wait for next year to do it all again...well maybe we won't try and fit both side of the country in on the same trip next time !

PS. Mike headed off to work on tuesday with his flowing locks and beard...he returned after his first professional shave and a number 5 all over haircut!!
I laid low all day with a runny nose and hacking cough..bummer babe.

No comments: