Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Travel of a different kind!

Well I had an unexpected "trip" on saturday. I was driven by ambulance to hospital after I fell off my bicycle! I spent the next 8 hours in the Emergency Department being seen by numerous medical practioners before being taken to the operating theatre to have my arm repaired. I stayed in hospital overnight as I had managed to "deglove" a large area of tissue right down to the bone (just below my elbow) on my right arm of course! I am now all plastered and bandaged up, consequently I can not bend my arm and require help with some basic aspects of life. No crafting until I see the doctors on thursday when they will review how I am healing...fingers crossed a skin graft won't be needed!
It has been suggested I trade my bicycle in on a tricycle...but I am not ready to give up on it yet!
My darling husband "Nurse Mike" is taking great care of me as is my daughter. Family and friends have all offered and sent help in various forms for which I am truly grateful.

2 comments:

Pauline Laing said...

OWWWWWWW! That sounds horrid, Barb. Don't do that again.

I think those recumbent bikes are hard to fall off...

See ya
Pauline

Danielle D said...

Oh, Barb! Oh, heck, that's awful news! I'm glad Mike is taking good care of you, and I'm touching wood that it all heals well and you don't need a graft. Take care.