Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Another MFT Sketch Challenge 272

I realised that I had not used any MFT products in my first attempt at this sketch...oops...you don't have to but it is nice to showcase them. I had another idea come to mind after looking at a video at Papertrey Ink about 'Ink blending over heat embossing'. So I have blended the 2 ideas.
I used Kaiser Craft 'Hessian' clear stamp embossed with gold and blended Distress inks 'Spiced Marmalade' and 'Ripe Persimmon' over it. I used the negative after cutting out a strip with MFT Blueprints #6 in gold card. The bird is of course one of Tim Holtz 'Crazy Birds", just love these little guys. I used a scrap of background paper I had made and found in my stash which is really shimmery in real life. "Stop!! my husband says don't add anything it is perfect the way it is."...LOL It is so hard sometimes to pull back and not over do it. I am lucky to have him take an interest and express an opinion.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Barb, I think these Crazy Birds are great for all occasions and always fun. The background on your card looks really good. I'm going to have a look for the video you mentioned. Thanks for your visit to mine. Barbxx