Wednesday, March 30, 2016

More Sharing the Love at Winnie and Walter

I could not go to sleep last night until I had completed this card inspired by an example on Winnie and Walter's blog by Shay. At 0200 my husband suggested it was bedtime..."just sticking down the sequins says me". I did leave it and go to bed so the sequins were well and truly stuck when I woke up this morning:)
I had cut out a piece of patterned vellum with SSS Coverplate die 'Mighty Bloom'. Before sticking it down I used Distress ink 'Spun Sugar' to make a watercolour wash on my card stock. I masked off and stamped 'Thinking of' from a SSS stamp set called 'Handwritten Borders'. I cut it out and layered it on some hot pink polka dot paper. Next I used the 'You' die from the Papertrey Ink 'Wonderful Words' set and cut it 4 times (I could not decide which colour pink matched best). In the end I layered them one on top of the other with the polka dots on top. I added the sequins which are actually an iridescent sequin on top of a coloured one to soften the brightness to match the vellum better. Voila all done.